Thursday 15 March 2012

Marine Glam Nails


Here is my newest nail design! This one I actually did myself, the gems took a while to apply but I am extremely happy with the final result. I am now going to talk you through how i did it.



YOU WILL NEED:
  • Nail varnish (I used Topshop nail varnish in shade Marine Scene)
  • Tweezers
  • Adhesive (I used one by RIO)
  • Gems (approx 100 for this design)


Step 1:
Paint nails & apply another coat if required. (With the Topshop nail varnish I only had to apply one coat as it is high in pigment and is quite thick).

Step 2: 
When the varnish is completely dry, apply a thin layer of adhesive. This is not as strong as nail glue and gives a sticky texture. I am sure regular nail glue works just the same; however it tends to dry the nail which does not give the same glossy finish.

Step 3:
Using a pair of tweezers apply the gems to the nail wherever you want them. When all of the gems are in place, apply a layer of the adhesive over the top (It dry’s clear).

Step 4:
Ensure that the glue is completely dry and that you can no longer see the white glue colouring. When this is done, apply a clear top coat…wait to dry…AND YOU ARE DONE!  

If you have any further questions feel free to ask!

5 comments:

  1. they look fab! x

    fashioninflux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look dead cute, very glam!

    Love nails. Love Obsessionlacquer.

    obsessionlacquer.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh wow these look incredible! :)

    whatrebeccasaid.blogspot.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading this blog! I've recently started doing some of my own nail art tutorials alongside my usual fashion posts! I'm following you also!

    check it out here..

    http://fashernably-late.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/nail-art-2-cupcake.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! I will definitely check out your blog, always interested to see what other people are doing x

      Delete