Tuesday 13 March 2012

Bobbi Brown HEAVEN

On Friday 9th of March I went to my local John Lewis (West Quay Southampton) as I wanted a PROPER foundation that did not melt away after a few hours. There seemed to be a huge fuss over the Bobbi Brown counter so I went to see what was going on. A Bobbi Brown event was being held consisting of 10% off all purchases as well as makeovers being given by Bobbi Brown’s top American makeup artists. I JUMPED at the chance to get my makeup done by a real professional.

A friendly American woman named Sarah was very welcoming and talked me through how I could achieve the look I wanted…flawless & fresh. My main issue is my oily skin; she recommended using the Bobbi Brown Oil Control lotion before applying makeup, the lotion is oil- free and lightweight. The seaweed extract absorbs excess oil whilst the lavender extract works to reduce skin irritation…and it smells GREAT. You only need to apply a small amount and apply it the same as a regular moisturiser.


I was expecting foundation to come next, but instead she opted for the Bobbi Brown Oil-free Tinted Moisturiser. (Shade: Light tint). The moisturiser was applied all over my face just using light strokes with the fingers. The moisturiser made my skin GLOW!


When it came to foundation, she applied the Bobbi Brown Oil-free Foundation Compact. Instead of applying it to my entire face, she only applied the foundation to the areas where I had blemishes and un-even skin tone. I learned that compact foundations are much better for oily skin than liquid foundation as they tend to still become very oily. (Shade: Warm Natural 4.5).


I like to use a Stippling brush to apply my tinted moisturiser and compact foundation as it uses minimal product, gives an airbrushed look and allows you to contour your face. This brush should be used in a doting/dabbing motion instead of rubbing or brushing. (Cheap brand brush).



I was surprised at how good the colour match was to my own skin and how flawless my face looked using minimal foundation. I purchased all of these products, and after almost a week of wearing them I can say that it is money well spent. You really do get what you pay for and there is a real comparison to the cheaper brands.






Finally  she used an illuminating finish powder, nectar blush and a crystal lip-gloss.Unfortunately, being a student I could not afford these products, so I have had to make do with the cheaper brands until I can afford them.


I PURCHASED:
Bobbi Brown- Oil Control Lotion £32 (Without discount)
Bobbi Brown- Oil-free Tinted Moisturiser £27 (Without discount)
Bobbi Brown- Oil-free Foundation Compact £29 (Without discount)




No comments:

Post a Comment